Raspberry BASIC > General Discussion

RPI Forum

(1/1)

John Spikowski:

--- Quote ---I don't know if John is still following this thread or not, but if he is, thanks for finding that note. Those pages covered the mathematics so I could proceed directly to the software engineering needed to write an efficient program. It also helped to look at the sample code included in the post.

--- End quote ---

@ejolson,

Glad it helped! Wish you were here.

John Spikowski:

--- Quote from: Heater@RPI ---When silly discussions have gone on long enough jamesh locks the thread. Everything goes dark.

--- End quote ---

Sooner or later the realization will set in that the RPi forum is focused towards support / Q&A topics. A bunch of old programmers shooting the shit or sharing a trick or two isn't part of the program. Any of the old farts that feel the moderator kids are being obnoxious, feel free to join us here,

John Spikowski:
Dart Fibo

It seems like Dart and Swift both use names that are oxymoronic to their performance.

Nim does fibo(78) in .008 seconds on the RPi 4B.

AIR:
In the case of Swift, it's more about how quickly/easily you can implement a solution to a task rather than how fast that implementation will run.  Considering that it caters to quickly being able to put something together for I-devices, I guess it's a fair tradeoff.

AIR.

John Spikowski:
The Swift ARM maintainer agrees there is a problem with the Swift string engine. I hope he follows up with it. I've done all I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version