Raspberry BASIC

Author Topic: BBC BASIC for SDL 2.0 version 1.25a released  (Read 1977 times)

Richard Russell

• View Profile
BBC BASIC for SDL 2.0 version 1.25a released
« on: October 08, 2021, 03:58:15 PM »
I've released version 1.25a of BBC BASIC for SDL 2.0 - the cross-platform programming language for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi OS, Android, iOS and in-browser.  The changes in this version are as follows:

• BASIC Interpreter / Run Time Engine

PAGE may now be lowered without generating an error.  This is dangerous in general, but in limited memory environments (e.g. the Raspberry Pi Pico) it can be useful, as it was on the original BBC Micro.

Implemented a new SUM operator which performs modulo-2^64 addition, i.e. overflows are ignored.  Using this operator modulo-2^64 subtraction and multiplication functions can be written:
Code: [Select]
      DEF FNsub64(a%%,b%%)=a%%SUMNOTb%%SUM1
      DEF FNmul64(a%%,b%%)LOCALA%,B%:A%=a%%AND&7FFFFFFF:B%=b%%AND&7FFFFFFF
      =A%*B%SUM((a%%>>31)*B%<<<31)SUM(A%*(b%%>>31)<<<31)SUM((a%%>>31AND3)*(b%%>>31AND3)<<<62)
  • IDEs and Utilities

No changes (other than the version number of SDLIDE.bbc being updated).

• Libraries

stringlib.bbc modified so that FN_binary() and FN_tobase() accept 64-bit integers.

• Example Programs

There are no changes to the example programs in this release.
This version may be downloaded, for all the supported platforms, from the usual location.  The GitHub repository has been updated (used to build the MacOS, Raspberry Pi, Android, iOS, 64-bit Linux and in-browser editions, currently).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 10:20:23 PM by Richard Russell »

John Spikowski

• BASIC Developer
    • View Profile
    • ScriptBasic
Re: BBC BASIC for SDL 2.0 version 1.25a released
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 12:09:24 AM »
Thanks Richard for posting your updates to the forum.

I was really hoping Eric Olson joining the forum would increase activity. He joined and I haven't heard from him since.

ScriptBasic Project Manager/Facilitator